Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Bitter Sweet

That is the way I feel about the year 2008. We had an amazing, crazy, whirlwind of a year.

January: I was on bed rest so I did not get to go with our youth group to Myrtle Beach for Winter Rush. However, through that ministry 10 students came to know Christ, including a couple of adults...AWESOME!
February: On the first day of February Jeff and I, along with our families, welcomed our first child, Lukas Bona Walker, into the world. It was the sweetest point for me in the year and since it was at the beginning it allowed me to feel like the year would be great. I also ended up in the emergency room a week after Luke was born and diagnosed with Post Term Pre-eclampsia. However I also celebrated my 25th birthday in February!
I don't remember a whole lot of significance for March or April except that Luke's first girlfriend was born.
May: We started having church services in our fellowship hall because God was allowing us to extend and remodel our sanctuary. Being in the fellowship hall for services was an amazing experience!
June: We had youth camp at Blue Springs. It was also the first time I had left Luke...and it was hard! I didn't even sleep that well while I was gone... My parents celebrated their 33rd wedding anniversary! They have been an amazing example for me. My brother also got married in June and I absolutely adore my new sister in law. Mom had major back surgery in June and would be recovering for the rest of the year.
July: Not much happened except we stayed with my parents for 2 weeks so that daddy could be at work and someone still take care of momma.
August: I started a wonderful new job...well, same job, new place. Jeff and I celebrated our 3rd year of wedded bliss! Jeff also had a birthday and turned the big 3 2.
September went by rather quickly without any major events. (That i can remember!)
October: Daddy lost his battle with Parkinsonisms MSA and Shy Draggers Disease. No, I changed my mind...he didn't lose a battle, God delivered him from his battle. It has been very difficult to accept that daddy is gone...It is a daily battle that I will struggle with for years to come.
November: My brother turned 29 on the 1st. Towards the end momma signed papers to build a house out here in Callahan down from us. It was something that she and daddy had planned on doing and she was going through with it.
December: Luke started crawling! ( I know, about time right!?) And we celebrated 2 firsts...Luke's first Christmas, and the first Christmas without daddy.

So, bitter sweet... I welcomed a new life into the world...and said goodbye to another life... I have hopes that 2009 will be great and I know that it will, because God's Sovreignty is an amazing thing...and He has shown me that greatly over this year...but that is a blog entry for another time.

No comments: