Monday, December 22, 2008

3 years ago today

I was in Virginia with my mom visiting my brother, niece and nephew. My husband and I had been married only 4 months and it was our first time away from each other. The following day on our way home would be terrible...but that's another story. No, three years ago today something happened that brought joy and assurance to my heart.
When I was 9 years old I started going to church at FBC of Jacksonville and began praying for people in my life to come to know the Lord. Even though I wouldn't really accept Christ until I was 14 years old at a church in Callahan. One person in particular I began praying for, little did I know would take 13 years before God would answer that prayer.
Three years ago this evening I received a phone call from my husband that made me realize prayer works...no matter how many times you have to ask for it. From the mouth of my husband in Florida to my ears in Chester Virginia I heard the answer to my prayers of 13 years: My father, at the age of 49 accepted Christ as his Savior. It is because of this, that I knew when my daddy passed away on October 25th of this year that the verse: "to be absent from the body is to be in the presence of Jesus" would ring true. I was able to walk into my parents house and through tears say "I wonder what beauty he sees?"
For so many reasons I see now why God chose for me to marry Jeff. Among all of the wonderful qualities God has shown me about Jeff, God chose my husband to lead my daddy to his son Jesus. How amazing!
Three years ago today, I was blessed by God with the assurance that I would spend eternity in heaven surrounded by my family. And I know that if something was to happen to me today, my Heavenly Father and my daddy would be there to welcome me with open arms.

No comments: