Tuesday, February 24, 2009

We're All Tourists

This was in a book that I happened to look at today. It was just a book that had all these little sayings in it...nothing that would constitute the book as being religious or spiritual but it caused me to think that way a little and thus...this blog.
In the grand scheme of what we call life that's what we are: ALL Tourists. This world is just a place for us to visit for a short amount of time and then we return (hopefully if you know Christ) to the One who created us. In no way can I say that the last four months have been easy for me...but in no way can I say that it's the most difficult thing I will ever face in my life. Something I've learned is that you have no idea what the next five minutes hold, let alone the next day. If the last four months is the worse I will experience then Praise God! But if not, then in the end of it let me say Praise God! We come into this world knowing nothing and still in all honesty, leave it not knowing much more than when we started...this world is not our home. My home is with Christ. Christ allowed me to come to this world, be born to David and Pat Willwerth, grow up with a loving family, get an education, marry a fabulous husband, and have a beautiful baby...but in the grand scheme of God's Plan...this isn't it. God is allowing me to spend my days here with a loving family, educating little ones for their future, teaching students, and seeing my son grow on a daily basis... But it boils down to the fact that I am just a tourist here. My home is with Him. It has taken me these past four months to begin seeing that...and I'm still not as close as I want to be in understanding it.
I am going to enjoy the opporunity that God is giving me to look around and "take it all in" (so to speak, not literally). But I want to be reminded that in the end...He is my home.

1 comment:

Shauna Rae said...

Jenn! I've never really thought about life like this...but thanks for the perspective. Love ya!