Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Can I handle this???

This is a question that I have been asking myself since about 11:40 AM yesterday (Monday). My vice principal, Amber, came in to my classroom and said "Your husband is on the phone. There has been a family emergency." First thoughts: mom's been in a wreck, something's happened to Luke. (I knew it wasn't Jeff since he was the one on the phone.) I answer the phone with a "what's happened!?" and Jeff tells me that my grandma has had a stroke and is being taken by ambulance to the hospital. I hang up and begin freaking out trying to figure out what to do. Amber told me to go and be with my family. Se we get to the hospital and she's in the emergency room having tests ran. When I go back to see her you could look at her face and tell it had been a stroke. The side of her face is very droopy and her words were slurred. When we got there this morning she was worse than yesterday...she can't speak at all right now. She's having trouble breathing. A test was ran to see if she'd had another stroke during the night...but we don't know anything yet. This is my moms mom...the one that I grew up living next to until we moved to VA. I can't go through this again... The past four years around this time something bad has happened...one year my poppa was in a horrific car accident, Luke had MRSA, and now grandma...We can't keep going through this...I know that God is taking care of it all...but that doesn't stop our earthly pain.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jenn I am so sorry to hear this. Please know that I am praying for you and especially your Grandmother. If you need anything I'm here.

Tara Libby said...

I completely understand how you feel. My Granny has been in the hopital for 2 1/2 weeks now. It has been very up and down. She was fine but then got choked on her food and from there she has had several complications, including being sedated and on a respirator for about 4 days. Now her mind is in and out. So it has been rough. She is the only grandparent I have left.

I will be praying for your grandma and your family.

Unknown said...

don't you love it when people tell you God won't give you more than you can handle? Maybe not but I don't want to handle it! It is hard, it is painful I want to scream enough is enough! I am praying for you though...really sream if you need to just not in front of Luke it might scare him :)