Sunday, February 1, 2009

Life changed...

A year ago today...

I woke up around 4 AM
I made the "long" trip to St. Vincent's hospital at 6:00 AM.
I took 3 pills with one swallow of water.
I met the best nurse named Christy.
I had my closest family with me.
I walked into an OR as a family of two.
I heard my sons first cry at 10:19 AM.
I was rolled out of the OR as a family of three.
I received God's second biggest blessing in my life. (Jeff being my first)
I held my miracle for the first time...and never wanted to let him go.
I received news that my miracle had a heart murmur.
I felt God's loving, promising presence.

A year ago today we welcomed Lukas Bona Walker into our family. He has changed our lives for the better everyday. We love him more today than yesterday...but less than tomorrow.
God blessed us with him at His perfect timing. God knew that this past year would be a difficult one for us...and he allowed Luke to be a part of the bright side of the year. I really don't remember what life was like before him...and I don't think I want to.
<-- Minutes after you were born!

My baby boy was born weighing 8lbs 4 oz...and now at 12 months weighs 24 lbs 6 oz!
He is a crawlin, cruisin baby boy that likes to discover how things work.
He knows who his mama, dada, gammy, poppy, grandma and grandpa are.
He knows who Harley is (my moms dog) and calls her Dardy.
He smiles at you when you want to cry...and you can't help but smile back!

I am amazed at how God poured His love out to my family a year ago today. His timing is perfect and for that...I wish my little man a Happy First Birthday on today February 1st 2009.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Luke!!

Jenn, you have the cuttest littly boy.

Carrie said...

Happy Birthday, sweet Luke! Give your mommy an extra hug and kiss today!

The Reinolds said...

What a handsome little man Luke has become! Hope his 1st birthday was fun!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Little Man!

He is adorable..Life is so much better with children in it. I don't remember what life was like before Caleb either!