Friday, January 16, 2009

Winter Rush 09: The start...

Today began our first day of Winter Rush. We're in the freezing cold part of South Carolina, Myrtle Beach...on the beach but will probably not make it out onto the beach this year...
Jeff has been putting together this retreat for 4 years now. I missed last years because I was on bed rest about to PoP! But this year I am here and being put to work! (I really don't mind though...it's really a fun thing to be a part of!)
Anyways, Jeff and I came up last night (Thursday) to have an evening to ourselves and go ahead and start getting a few things ready. We woke up this morning ( I slept terrible! by the way) got ready and went out to breakfast. We're staying at the Avista Resort (amazing!) and their parking garage is across the street. I knew that it was going to be cold, but had no idea! It was 26 degrees this morning, and windy! Who would have thought that the year we leave freezing temperatures in Florida that it would also end up freezing in Myrtle Beach!
All of the churches finished arriving at about 9:30 PM. We had an intro to the weekend by having a worship time with a long time favorite band Room Enough. After Room Enough played a set our speaker Bobby McGraw spoke a short message about our theme for the weekend which is all about being unified. Our verses for the week come from Ephesians 4 vs 1-6. We're not only talking about being unified as a group in our church, but making sure that we are in unity with Christ first and foremost through our Salvation.
So, thus ends our first evening here in freezing Myrtle Beach...and I am off to bed. Tomorrow is a VeRy full day with lots of events...so I'm gonna try and get a good nights rest. Looking forward to what God is going to do! :)
By the way...I am missing my baby boy! But he's in good hands.

1 comment:

The Reinolds said...

WHAT??? Aren't you doing the beach dash thingy??? REMEMBER: You're a youth leader, they look up to you.. you gotta go!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!